dimanche 17 avril 2011

A Vogue Idea

I've always been a magazine's collector, and, if I really have to throw them away (one needs to move from times to times), I always keep my favorite pictures or articles.
This is a serie I've been going back quite often recently. Is it because of my last break-up with someone with who I could not have stayed with more than a short period of time, though I really like him, but these images do move me a lot.
It is taken from the US Vogue, July 2010 issue, and the subject is called "Magnificent Obsession". I mean, since when does Anna Wintour makes emotion now?
Wether it's her, Grace or Peter Lindberg (his first subject in Vogue since 18 years now), but these pictures exude so much emotion, one reads it like a movie....

At the beginning they look like the perfect American family from the 60s.


 But soon some shadow is spreading over their perfect couple.
 Maybe her bright smile while talking to this younger boy says it all.
 It's heartbreaking to look over one's shoulder, who observes his wide stepping away from his family.
 Their attitude is very significant; him, the strong man who seems defeated, cannot even look at her, while she seems embarrassed, one can tell from her pout, her shoulders and her pointy feet.

 Then finally she has the courage to leave him, and go back to work. The party is over, but this last picture exudes so much strength and freedom.


Vogue US, July 2010

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire