vendredi 25 février 2011

A touch of Glamour

I know it's been all over the net few weeks ago, but someone I love* once said "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield into it". Therefore, I cannot resist to share this video with you.


It is the first Tom Ford RTW woman show in years...
Even though I am not a Fordesque-fan, I must admit I was quite impressed by his movie last year, "A single Man", which, for many reasons, and not only the performance of Colin Firth, really moved me. And his boutique palaces I have visited in Milan or Dubai reflect an opulence and a bravoure that one should underline in such a difficult time.
But it is not the clothes that capture my imagination and ravish me in this show, it is the glamour that exudes from every plan.
I have no idea if the real life show was that fantastic, but Mr Ford took 3 months to prepare and polish this video, which is the best teaser, and the best PR ever on a collection.
Only divas, or "women who inspire him" were featuring his clothes, and they seemed to enjoy every moment. Known for his attention to each detail, Mr Ford left nothing to the unknown: the mesmerizing music by Karen Elson, Terry Richardson shooting the divas, the bright red lipstick and big smiles on all lips... Karen, Daphne, Julianne, Natalia, Emmanuelle, Marisa, all seemed to enjoy the champagne, the party and... -one hopes- the fashion.

* you surely have recognized Oscar Wilde, haven't you?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire